In accordance with Section 42A of the Education Act 1997, Oakwood Park Grammar School (OPGS) is committed to providing students with a high-quality career and work-related learning programme which will enable students to select appropriate pathways and equip them with the knowledge, skills and attributes needed to manage their careers and thrive in the workplace.
All students will participate in a range of activities outlined below.
- Enrichment days to include careers related activities.
- Careers related assemblies, including virtual presentations.
- GCSE and A level option support.
- A programme of careers lessons.
- Work Related Learning activities, involving local businesses.
- Student and Parent Information Evenings.
- Careers Evenings.
- Information, Advice and Guidance information sessions on career pathways and subjects.
- Individual Careers meetings.
- Virtual Work experience Opportunities.
- Higher Education and Higher Apprenticeship Events.
- Invitation to university trips across all year groups.
For more detailed information on the careers programme for each year group see our Careers Programme.
In accordance with statutory duties, OPGS offers all students access to independent information, advice, and careers guidance in Years 8 to 13.
Careers Leader: Mrs J Williams (Information, Advice, Guidance)
Telephone: 01622 726683
OPGS will review its careers provision in June 2022 and will measure and assess the impact of its Careers Programme from the evidence below:
- GCSE and A level results
- Successful transition and destinations suitable for each student’s individual needs
- Number of students not in Education, Employment or Training at end of Year 11
- Retention of students from Years 11 to 12 and 12 to 13
- Monitoring reports for all year groups
- Parental feedback via telephone calls, email communication and meetings
- Whole school parental surveys
- Student Feedback
Careers Education Across our Subjects