This policy statement sets out the arrangements for managing the access of providers to students at OPGS for the purpose of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer. This complies with the school’s legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997.
All students in years 8-13 are entitled:
- To find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point.
- To hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options events, assemblies and group discussions and taster events.
- To understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
A provider wishing to request access should contact:
Mrs J Williams (Information, Advice, Guidance)
Telephone: 01622 726683
Opportunities for access
Providers will be able to deliver material to students and/or parents/carers on the following occasions:
- Year Group assemblies throughout the year
- Careers Events and Evenings
- Parent Information Evenings
- Subject specific enrichment activities
- Virtual presentations to be shared with the school community