Pupil Premium Statement
Applying for Free School Meals
Application for free school meals is via the Kent County Council website using the link below:
If you have any questions, or wish to discuss this process, please contact Mrs S Craig, Deputy Head Teacher
Pupil Premium Statement for OPGS
- We believe that the most important function of the school is to maintain an environment in which every member of the school can enjoy an excellent learning experience. There must be total consistency in the quality of education that everyone (irrespective of gender, race or culture or economic background) experiences.
- Oakwood Park Grammar School staff are always mindful of the fact that eligibility and take up of FSM does not equate with pupils being of ‘low ability’.
- At Oakwood Park Grammar School our vision for PP pupils is to ensure outstanding provision at two levels; the whole school level and the bespoke, specific interventions and opportunities for each pupil.
- For the 2020-2021 financial year the school will receive the following funding:
|Free School Meals (including Ever6)
|Looked After Children
|Children who have ceased to be looked after by a local authority (due to adoption, special guardianship or a child arrangements order)
PPG Student Summary 2020/2021
|Pupils eligible for Free School Meals (as per Oct census)
|Pupils eligible for Free School Meals (Ever 6)
|Pupils eligible for Free School Meals prior to their start at Oakwood Park Grammar School
|Looked after pupils in Local Authority Care (LAC)
||2 (6th Form students)
|Pupils who have been adopted from care under the Adoption and Children Act 2002 and those who have left care under a Special Guardianship or Residence Order
- Our school is committed to the transparent reporting of how we have used the Pupil Premium, so that our parents, stakeholders and Ofsted are fully aware of how this additional resource has been used to make a difference.
- It will be the responsibility of the Deputy Head Teacher, Mrs S Craig, to produce regular reports for the Governors. These will include:
– Progress made towards narrowing the gap for disadvantaged pupils
– An outline of the provision and any changes since the last report
– An evaluation of the cost effectiveness, in terms of the progress made by pupils, when compared with other forms of support
- Detailed Records of the PPG spend are kept by the Finance Department.
Allocation of Funds
In recent years, the Pupil Premium Grant has been used in the following ways;
- Curriculum trips eg Geography fieldtrip
- Providing resources & equipment for PP pupils.
- Providing all Technology & Art materials & other consumables so that PP pupils are not disadvantaged in the learning & making of products.
- Providing a range of interventions and support such as one to one literacy support, social communication groups, spelling groups and access to diagnostic testing.
- Uniform items purchased & provided for some pupils to ensure they can attend in the correct uniform.
- One to One counselling services to help improve SEMH (Social, Emotional & Mental Health) difficulties.
- Learning Support student intern – 1-2-1 mentoring for pupils with organisational issues, those in need of emotional support and those with specific learning needs
- Funding cultural and enriching experiences, education visits and extracurricular activities eg. Battlefields trip
- Funding visits to Universities and Colleges to encourage pupils and raise aspirations.
- 1-2-1 coaching in the core subjects
- Transport costs to and from school
- Wifi access
- Response to individual need, as and when it arises
- Access to a range of intervention sessions and activities established in the aftermath of school closure.
Evidence of Impact
In 2020, there were 15 PP students in Year 11.
|2018 – 19
|2019 – 20
|% Gained English and Maths Grade 4+
|% Gained English and Maths Grade 5+
11 of the students returned to the OPGS Sixth Form. 1 went to another local grammar school. 2 went to a local college. 1 went to a local non-selective Sixth Form.
|2018 – 19
|2019 – 20
|Average point score
Click here for further information about the Oakwood Park Grammar School Pupil Premium Strategy