The school rules are underpinned by the following principles:
- All members of the school community should be treated with kindness, respect and tolerance.
- All members of the school community should respect the school environment.
- All members of the school community should strive for excellence and excellence will be celebrated.
- All students are expected to respect other students’ right to learn and teachers’ right to teach.
- All students are expected to be punctual, both in terms of their arrival to school and lessons.
- All students are expected to show pride in their school through the wearing of correct uniform and by the way in which they represent the school community.
This is achieved through students adhering to the following School Rules:
- Students will treat all members of the school community with respect and courtesy.
- Students will be punctual, both in terms of arrival to school and lessons and when submitting homework.
- Students will demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour when off site whilst in school uniform or when involved in a study visit/excursion.
- Students will behave in a courteous, respectful and responsible manner when using public transport to and from school.
- Students will have correct equipment with them for each lesson.
- Mobile phones must not be used in school unless authorised by a member of staff. Their unauthorised use whilst on the school premises will lead to confiscation.
- Electronic devices and earphones are not to be used in corridors and will be confiscated.
- ‘Smart watches’ are not to be worn in school.
- Students must not leave the school site, or enter into ‘out of bounds’ areas at lunch and break time.
- Bullying in any form will not be tolerated and will be dealt with firmly.
- Smoking or Vaping on the school premises or whilst in school uniform is forbidden.
- Chewing gum is not permitted on the school premises.
- Potential weapons must not be brought to school.
- Possession or the use of alcohol or drugs on the school premises or whilst in school uniform is forbidden and can lead to permanent exclusion.
- School uniform must be worn at all times (including to and from school.)